Monday, February 08, 2010

Pardon Meme

Starting at the end of this week, and continuing until I run out of gubbins to throw at your eyes, I'll be presenting "What The Friday?"; some odd little moments of media that defy explanation. This one, I just couldn't wait the week to share.

It comes courtesy of comedy genius and classical guitar extraordinaire Robert Popper. Where he got it is a mystery, I'm not even sure I want to know, but I guarantee you something... As awful as it is, you'll be singing it all the live-long day.



No no, dear. Pardon ME.

Here's the awesome part. As with a lot of unexplainables on the internet, it's fast becoming a meme. With almost a hundred and sixty thousand views (at time of writing), the original video has spurned a tunnel-like, self-referential torrent of replies, reminiscent of Alvin Lucier's experimental 1969 recording "I Am Sitting In A Room".



Keep an eye out for more classics like this, starting this Friday.

1 comment:

Paul Higginbotham said...

And to think, when the earth finally shakes us off like a bad case of fleas and civilization crumbles, this is the stuff that the aliens will find when they land among the ruins.