Friday, October 19, 2007

Before You See "Michael Clayton"...

Bear in mind that as much as I thoroughly enjoyed it, that final scene that may earn Clooney another Oscar nomination is ripped off, shamelessly, from Bob Hoskins' finest moment in "The Long Good Friday".



Acting. Fucking. Masterclass. (and did you happen to catch a young Peirce Brosnan? That was before he got speaking parts....). Easily one of the finest gangster movies ever made, standing shoulder to shoulder with "White Heat", and an astonishing performance that is absolutely flawless from start to finish. Stunning. What he does with his face in the above clip accomplishes what lesser actors can't do in TEN films, Hoskins accomplishes in less than 90 seconds. (teh madd propz to Helen Mirren too. She blew me away in "TLGF")

I'm eager to see what The Film Geek made of "Michael Clayton" (especially since I'm shamelessly ripping off his 'Film Scenes That Matter'). I was thoroughly impressed that someone out there is actually making films for adults! With attention spans! And minds! THINKING MINDS! It will be a shame if Clooney is passed over at the Oscars, but it will be a travesty if Tilda Swinton is too.

2 comments:

The Film Geek said...

This is on me list, but about third, after Gone Baby Gone and Rendition. And don't worry about any rip-off's, man! Hell, I steal from everyone.

PumpkinSpider said...

...

ok, so just so I understand here...

You're ripping off The Film Geek to have a go at a film that is ripping off another film...?

eye-rohn-eeeeee...!