Monday, January 16, 2006

Update.

Happy New Year!

It's been quiet around here, huh? Yeah, sorry about that. It's not that I don't care or that I don't love you, there's just been a lot going on. No, I haven't been cheating on you with another blog.

Thanks for the continued enquiries about the Podcast. Let me set your minds at rest; it IS going ahead. Possibly TWO of them will be going ahead. John Collins is keen to get going and Paul and I are forming ideas, too. With a baby on the way and work continuing at a 'when-I-can-get-round-to-it' pace on Taskerlands, the studio it will all happen from, in addition to other responsibilities including the usual work-to-spare-time ratio, other broadcasting commitments and various time-consuming responsibilities (wives, for example), it won't be tomorrow. But it WILL happen. This year. Promise. We're all eager to experiment in the medium and, all of us perfectionists, we won't be doing or releasing anything until we're all happy. 35+ years of combined broadcasting experience will do that...

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I was just wondering about what you were up to today, and hoping that you might post something. So, I decided to check your blog one more time, expecting to see nothing new... What a wonderful surprise!

BTW, I haven't listened to the radio for some time now... Well, thats not true.. I have been listening... XM satellite radio! For shame! Anyways, when are you on now? Still the morning show?

Take care!

Brendan said...

So what do you think of this whole Jack format thing anyway? It's so weird to see 107.3 on the dial and hear Green Day. And what sort of podcast are you aiming for - the Ricky Gervais kind or something more local and proper?

I, too, consider myself among the hordes who have abandoned radio. It's just too easy to find interesting audio now - why let someone else program my playlist when I can do it myself.

I know you want to be all professional ant stuff, but I recommend you check out gcast.com - they've got the music already there & you can edit playlists and upload links. Might be good for a trial run. Or you could just use it as an audioblog for your adoring fans.

Spike Nesmith said...

We're still not sure! We've been batting some ideas around and are keen to get a-going. More than likely it will be a less local-focussed return of what the afternoon show used to be like, perhaps with some surprises thrown in. The problem is we're both bloody perfectionsists, so nothing will get released until we're both happy with the sound, the format and everything else. We may be the only podcasters in the short history of the format to record a pilot before we decide on whether to go full-term with it! =D

Damn radio people....

Jackie Lantern said...

Just so you'll know Sunbear is available whenever and however needed. Just hit me up...