Thursday, September 01, 2005

There, But For The Grace Of Pod, Go I.

Sometimes I wonder if only post these stupid things so I can make ridiculous puns in the headline!

So here's the update. Podcasting is still a possibility. John's in (since it *was* his idea, this isn't really a surprise), Paul is tentatively penciled in as a possible maybe and so, therefore, am I. Now all we have to do is find a solution to the problem of having all three of us on from three different locations. We have a few ideas as to what might work, but John and I will be testing Skype on monday to see if it's workable and anyone who has been talking to me in the past week or so will tell you that I'm a big fan of Google Talk, so we may end up using one (or both) of those. I hear Skype is pretty good and John tells me that BBC Radio 5 are starting to ditch traditional phone lines and using it for their correspondents out in the field. High praise for the product and, might I say, about damn time! This technology has been around for at least 2 years, it's a wonder nobody else has thought about using it in the world of broadcasting, instead relying on crappy old phone lines. Bizarrely enough, only firewall issues prevented John from joining us on 'ye olde 58live' via MSN messenger about 2 years ago. Further bizarrely, I was looking through some unlabelled CDs the other day and found 2 mp3s of when John was on with us in late 2003. It's a siiiiiign, man! A siiiign!!

Interestingly, John is still broadcasting part-time on the Scottish Night Network one night a week. Thursday nights (Friday mornings over there) he can be heard here from around 8pm eastern. Helluva broadcaster.

3 comments:

Senihele said...

Paul and Spike - together again!
Kewl!!

moneytastesbad said...

This is the best thing Ive heard since...ummmmm...I heard that....ummmm...well its the best news Ive heard in a really long time. Plus since it will be a podcast, I will be able to get in in Morgantown!!!!

Brendan said...

I too am in favor of the Paul & Spike podcast. Have plans advanced at all in the past month? Congrats on getting the breakfast show slot again.